every time i visit the getty i am overwhelmed by the beauty - the art, the architecture, the garden, the view. a few years ago, dance camera west gave me the opportunity to create a piece specifically for the outdoor space. inspired by the interplay of water and architecture, it was a joy to choreograph three dances for such an iconic la landmark. i am honored to be featured on the getty's website for their #gettyinspired campaign: http://www.getty.edu/inspired/kitty-mcnamee/ please take a moment to check it out!
choreography: kitty mcnamee
dancers: stephanie kim, marlon pelayo, louis williams
i've been fortunate to have had some amazing dancers come through my class and my rehearsals over the years...this is what i see in the best of them:
- bravery-they are willing to take risks.
- passion-their love for dance shines through the pain and sweat.
- persistence-their passion drives them through the challenging times-never give up.
- rebellion-the strength to challenge convention separates the great from the good.
- individuality-my favorite quality! you'll need both bravery and rebellion for this one!
join me for contemporary class Tues and Thurs 11:30-1 @ the new Edge!
photo credit: amanda jane shank